“Season of Mists…”

September is almost over and the school year has really got going. It has also seen the publication of a truly amazing number of books by so many of our best loved authors.  I have also had the great pleasure to attend several book events, including one by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre; the photos only tell half the story.  There was also news from Andersen books about their upcoming books for the new year and the events to celebrate Elmer’s 25th birthday – totally incredible.  We had a great afternoon last Monday in Bath, with Charlie Higson talking to over 400 students from 6 schools.  Luckily the event was over when the fire alarm went off, due to an electrical fault and four fire engines descended on the school.

This coming Friday sees the start of the Bath Kids Lit festival and I have the pleasure of taking Cressida Cowell to a local school, before the opening talk with her and David Almond.  It is going to be an action packed week with events by Alan Gibbons and Andy Seed in Bristol, followed a few days later by events for William Hussey.  Somewhere in here I will get on with reading books and will be posting some reviews, the next will be Chris Riddell’s “Goth Girl”.

2013-09-04 18.39.062013-09-04 19.01.20